1. Place 1/2 inch of water into your saucepan.
2. For cast iron pans, aluminum pans, copper pans, stainless steel pans, and glass cookware, scrub the pan vigorously for 30 seconds using stainless steel scouring pad for cookware.
3. For non-stick pans use a plastic scouring pad.
4. Do not use any detergent.
5. Pour the water from each pan into a clear glass.
6. Do you want to drink the water?
Doing this test with NutriCuisine Surgical Stainless Steel Waterless Cookware will not change the color of the water from before you put it in the pan.